Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Plus One





dress: Ralph Lauren via marshalls / shoes: Guess via marshalls / right arm bracelet: Jeanne Gauthier, local artist / left arm bracelet, earrings:  forever 21 / necklace: Betsey Johnson / sunglasses: Coach via t. j. maxx

It’s wedding season. An abundance of invitations and a lack of appropriate attire have been known to send attendees into a full-on fashion panic. To avoid buying mediocre pieces out of desperation (as I did for the last wedding I attended), I advise you to invest in a dress as soon as you find a great one, even if you don’t have an event in the immediate future. This particular dress is perfect for me because: 1) You should know by now that I love a jewel tone, especially blue; 2) It came belted; 3) A maxi dress is very on-trend right now. I styled this look for an afternoon wedding or event, using casual accessories like the brown belt, brown leather bracelet, and coral espadrille sandals. Switch out these day-time extras for some black or gray evening pieces, add a little sparkle, and this dress would be perfect for an evening affair.

Now if only it were so easy to find a date…
Kate

3 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit, and I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that blue color on you!
    the dress looks really nice as well, along with the jewlery and shades

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in love with those shoes! By far my favorite outfit/photoshoot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...