Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Short List




shorts: Poleci via t. j. maxx / sweater: gap / belt, sunglasses: t. j. maxx / shoes: jessica simpson / bag: vintage, gift / necklaces: betsey johnson chain link, j. c. penney pearls / watch: michael kors

Around the time that I graduated from college, I had a fashion epiphany: shorts are chic! No longer reserved for pre-teens and athletes, shorts could be dressed up or down, fun or formal. Lengths, colors, and styles varied. My imagination ran wild, and soon enough I had amassed a collection. Cut to present day. I very recently fed my addiction with this pair: navy blue, pinstriped, pleated, perfection. The modest length and roomy fit make them work-appropriate. I added a celery green sweater to lighten up the color palette, and a yellow belt for a little pizzazz. I love the look of menswear but I am still very much a girly-girl so I layered some necklaces. In the winter I will wear these with tights, but for now I am really enjoying the bare legs.

Kate

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...