Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Turquoise and Leopard






jeans, sweater: j. crew factory outlet store (similar color here) / shoes: Dolce Vita via t. j. maxx / sunglasses: ray-ban / watch: borrowed from my dad

Statement pants are a huge trend for Spring, and I have jumped in legs first! First, the red pants, and now these gems from the J. Crew factory outlet store (outlet savings AND a teacher discount). I wore these pants on the plane to San Francisco with a black long-sleeve tee, purple printed scarf, and the most adorable pair of studded black suede flats. That was my safe outfit, but I chose to go a little bolder and share this pairing with you all: turquoise and leopard… and why not? Time and time again, we hear that leopard can be a neutral, so I put it to the test. The silhouette is so simple – skinny pants and a crew-neck sweater – but the color and print bring it to life! I will issue this warning though: I got A LOT of curious looks going to breakfast and running some errands around Berkeley. Be prepared for the attention.

You may notice the lack of adornment and accessories. I only packed gold jewelry for my trip, and that pushed the outfit into gaudy, Peg Bundy territory. If I’d had some leather or bead bracelets, I think that would have worked well. I erred on the side of caution here.

I am loving my time in California with Jacob! We are staying at the most beautiful bed and breakfast in Sonoma tonight, so stay tuned for some scenic backdrops for future posts.

Kate

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I think the leopard works well with the pants, and interesting backdrops too. I guess the leopard would stand out a bit less in Boston or Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a fan of the cropped ankle? Eszter was telling me she prefers the full length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cropped ankle for this color. A full length might have been too much turquoise (if there is such a thing). Otherwise, a full length is better for adding height while a cropped can make you look shorter. It can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bold yet very cool. I would not have paired the two but I think it works nice. Also, good call on deciding not to add too much Peg Bundy glam to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...