Thursday, April 12, 2012

Glasses and Belts




dress: marshalls / chambray shirt: j. crew outlet / belt: Betsey Johnson via t. j. maxx / bag: Francesco Rogani / shoes: Enzo Angiolini / earrings: a dear gift / watch: seiko / bracelets: assorted gifts, borrowed from my sister / glasses: these

This is my first new pair of eyeglasses in 7 years, and of all the pairs I tried on (you may remember from here) this was the clear winner in my eyes. I like my glasses to be unapologetic and to make their presence known. I wear contacts most days, so if I choose to wear my glasses out of the house, I want everyone to notice them! I think these do the job, and they were the right shape for my face. Overall, I am very please. Oh... and I can see things better, too. As far as the clothes go, you might have noticed by now that if I can belt an outfit, I WILL belt the outfit. It instantly adds polish to a slightly oversized shirt, like this one. This dress was $20 at Marshalls. It came with a really offensive pseudo-rock-and-roll elastic belt, but I forgave it for that, ditched the belt, and now I layer it with anything else I can find in my closet. With a simple black cardigan, I look sophisticated. Add some chambray, and I think I look pretty modern... if I do say so myself.

Kate

Thanks to Amanda and Derek for taking these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...