Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Nice Colors"








jacket: zara / top: marshalls / pants: zara / shoes: nine west / cuff: j. crew outlet / necklace: somewhere in Venice, Italy / sunglasses: ray-ban / bag: marshalls

Apparently, I inherited an affinity for jackets and coats from my mother. I found this one recently and was instantly smitten with the eye-catching color, glamorous gold details, cinch-able waist, detachable hood, practical anorak design.... need I go on? It was chilly out there today and this kept me really warm against the wind. It might be a little hard to tell from these pictures because of the late afternoon sunlight, but the the shirt is actually covered in subtle sequins (yes, there is such a thing). It's perfect for adding a little sparkle to a work outfit or any daytime look! I kept the gold hardware going with this awesome cobalt bag, which a student referred to as "fresh" last week. I think that's a huge compliment from an 18 year-old boy.

Shauna helped me select pictures for this post. Her assessment: "Nice colors."

Happy Tuesday!

Kate

2 comments:

  1. such a great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] of the shine-factor, it’s unexpected for day and perfect for night. This shell (also worn here) is covered in dull white sequins to add texture. These jeans are the perfect pop of color, and [...]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...