Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gray Day







sweater vest, hat: banana republic outlet / t-shirt: gap outlet / jeans: gap / shoes: marshalls / bag: Francesco Rogani / pearls: jcpenney / owl necklace: gift

Yesterday was a cloudy, chilly day so I took a cue from Mother Nature and dressed alike. In the winter, I wear this look with skinny jeans and black suede boots, but I always make sure to add a little height with the heel because the length of the sweater can be overwhelming without longer legs. I used long necklaces to balance out the sweater, too. This bag is one of my most prized possessions! I bought it when I was studying in Rome a few summers ago. I just couldn't resist investing in such a timeless, sophisticated, and practical bag. I've attached a few pictures below of the bag when it was brand new, the very day I bought it, so you can see how it's aged. (Click on the little pictures to see them larger and in greater detail.)

I think these jeans have just about had it (too faded, too low rise, lost shape, etc.), but I have to work with what I've got for now. Once my lenten shopping ban is lifted, you all can look forward to a post about jeans shopping. It's a dreaded chore for some, but I've got it down to a science!

Kate


 

1 comment:

  1. Will you make me your feature model when you spotlight "sitting on couch and eating frozen klondike oreo bars?"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...