Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Home Sweet Home - Nashville, TN






dress: old navy (last year, but similar here) / chambray shirt: j. crew factory outlet / shoes: aldo / belt: j. crew / bag: t. j. maxx / watch: michael kors / bracelets: assorted gifts / necklace: betsey johnson / sunglasses: ray-ban

I spent this past weekend visiting some of my very best friends in Nashville, TN, where I lived for a few years during grad school. Nashville feels more like home to me than anywhere else I've lived, and this quick getaway was exactly what I needed for that extra boost to finish out my year of teaching in Massachusetts. We ate, caught up, sat by the pool, saw The Avengers for the third time, and ate some more. Seriously, I am still full from the weekend. Brian and Brian, my former Nashville roommates, snapped these photos of me at the Parthenon in Centennial Park. It was a beautiful day with good friends at a Classics-themed location. What more could a girl want?

More on the outfit: the eyelet dress is light and airy for a hot Tennessee day, but the chambray shirt keeps the sun off my skin and keeps the white dress from being too sweet. A practical hands-free bag did the trick when we stopped for popsicles. I kept the jewelry light because, again, it was hot.

Kate

2 comments:

  1. That building is massive compared to you and your nice outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!

    Brian-and-Brian Photography Inc. needs to become a thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...